These English Muffin Pizzas are topped with pizza sauce, cheese, mushrooms, olives, onions, and a sprig of fresh basil, these easy to make mini pizzas just may become a lunchtime regular.
English Muffin Pizzas are ready in no time with the air fryer. They also come out with a nicely browned cheese topping and crispy english muffin. This recipe is a tasty lunch or light dinner option.
The Easy Bake Way
When I was a young girl I owned an Easy Bake Oven. All my life I was fascinated with preparing food and of course, enjoying it after it was made. I owned a teal colored easy bake oven (from the 70's). The recipe would be assembled and then pushed into the oven to "bake"with a light bulb. Curiously, this worked!
Now days I consider my air fryer the easy bake of the 21st century. It is a fancier and much more expensive way to play, but it pushes out delicious food in little time.
I decided to play with an English Muffin Pizza and try it out in the air fryer. I loved how it turned out crispy on the outside yet tender on the inside with a browned cheesy top and slightly charred vegetables.
I own the Pampered Chef air fryer. I started out with a basket air fryer and loved it so much I decided I had to upgrade. This air fryer is always on the countertop and it has 3 trays that slide into it to hold the food being cooked.
If you don't own a fancy air fryer, that's ok (but I highly recommend it goes on a wish list!). The basket air fryer will work as well. If you don't own an air fryer at all, these can be baked in a 400 degree oven for 7-10 minutes or until the cheese is lightly browned.
English Muffins, the regular english muffin or light english muffin both works in this recipe.
Sauce, I like to use this Homemade Pasta Sauce recipe.
Mozzarella cheese, I prefer whole milk mozzarella cheese, but part-skim works also.
Fresh Mushroom Slices
Roasted Red Pepper
Red Onion Slices
- Split the english muffins
- Spread 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce over each english muffin half.
- Top each english muffin pizza with ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Evenly distribute the mushrooms, roasted red peppers, and olives over top of the cheese.
- Transfer the pizzas to an air fryer tray. Cook on the air fry setting of 400° for 10 minutes or until the cheese has started to brown.
- Substitute mini naan bread for the english muffins.
- Bake the english muffin pizzas in a 400° oven for 15 minutes instead of the air fryer.
- Add your favorite vegetable toppings to the pizza.
- Crumble up some vegetarian sausage links or patties to top the pizza. The Morningstar Farms links work great.
- Bread and fry some homemade gluten steaks and then cut them into small pieces as a topping. Toss with a little barbecue sauce before topping the pizza.
More Lunch Ideas
*If you made this recipe, please give it a star rating*
Air Fryer English Muffin Pizza
- 4 english muffins split in half
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ cup mushrooms sliced
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers diced
- ¼ cup red onion slices
- Lay the English muffin halves out onto a board. Spread the pizza sauce evenly over the top half of each muffin.
- Top evenly with mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, roasted red peppers, and red onion slices.
- Place in the air fryer and air fry for 10 minutes on 400° or until cheese is melted and begins to brown.